State Track & Field Championships
- U9-U12: 20th-21st March 2021 at Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre, HOMEBUSH.
- U13-U17: 27th-28th March 2021 at Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre, HOMEBUSH.
LANSW have released the selection process to qualify for State Championships for 9s-12s. There will be qualifying events for Region 5 athletes at Narrabeen on Feb 6th/7th. LANSW have published minimum qualifying standards to apply to go to the Region 5 carnival, and they will then decide on entry lists based on numbers. We think it will be limited to 16 athletes per event, and maximum of 4 events per athlete. NRCLAC will submit our list of qualifiers by December 31st. We will be told our successful qualifiers on January 15th.
Some of the qualifying standards look inconsistent, with some girls better than boys, and some younger groups better than older groups. They’ve based these qualifiers on last year’s Region 5 results:
• Track events with finals – the time of the last place finalist from last year's Region 5
• Track events with no finals – time of the last place competitor from last year's Region 5
• Field events – distance of the last place competitor from last year's Region 5
This means the track events with finals have a harder qualifying mark than the other events. It is obviously harder again for NRCLAC athletes to qualify for track events, as we run on a 274M grass track with an uphill straight. So we are encouraging our athletes to achieve a qualifier by visiting another centre, or any gala day/meet in NSW in the 2020/2021 season, wherever they use ResultsHQ software to record results.
There will be a hard limit of 500 people at Narrabeen. Athletes, officials, helpers, and then a severely restricted number of spectators, if any. We will need to supply parent helpers to run the carnival, so please expect to do multiple duties if your athlete gets selected.
State Championships will take the first place from each Region carnival and then the next best 8 across all 8 Regions. So 16 athletes per event at State.